Understanding Terrorism Week 8 Assignment
Threat Assessment Presentation
Homeland Security professionals do not study terrorism for no purpose. They study in order to rationally assess threats to security and inform decisions on how to deter, prevent, mitigate, and respond to these terror threats. Throughout your textbook, Gus Martin provided examples of threat assessment in each chapter: Activity Profiles.
The point of these activity profiles is to frame the unique problem that each and every terrorist whether individual or a group presents to the Homeland Security professional. This course has demonstrated the complexity of terrorism; now you will frame a terrorist event and draw conclusions on how that event impacts the implementation of new measures to enhance safety and security.
How can we examine a terrorist attack in order to assess threats to the future security of the United States at home or Americans abroad?
The point of this Final is not to develop a counter terrorism plan (that is CJ454). For this Final, you are providing the assessment that forms the basis for a future plan:
First – Select from the following list of terrorist events and submit your selection, via email, to your Instructor for approval, no later than Week 4.
· Event #1 11/28/2016: A man inspired by Islamic State drives a truck into a crowd of students at Ohio State University and then continues to attack students with a knife.
· Event #2 01/29/2017: A gunman opens fire on Muslim worshipers at the Islamic Cultural Centre in Quebec City, Canada, killing 6 people and wounding 19.
· Event #3 07/16/2015: A gunman opens fire at a Military recruiting station in Chattanooga, TN, killing five U.S. Marines and a sailor.
· Event #4 06/12/2016: A gunman opens fire in an Orlando nightclub, killing scores of patrons.
· Event #5 05/03/2015: Two gunman are shot dead before they could enter into a draw Muhammed contest sponsored by an anti-Islam group
· Event #6 06/08/2014: Two self-described white supremacists shoot and kill two police officers as they ate lunch at a shopping site in Las Vegas, NV. They then opened fire on shoppers before committing suicide.
· Event #7 07/14/2016: A man inspired by Islamic State drove a 19-ton truck into a crowd in Nice, France, killing 86 people and injuring more than 400.
· Event #8 04/15/2013: Two bombs explode near the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
· Event #9 09/11/2012: The American Embassy in Benghazi, Libya is attacked, resulting in the death of the American Ambassador to Libya and several other people.
· Event #10 10/22/2018: At least 12 packages containing pipe bombs are mailed through the USPS to several prominent critics of the U.S. President.
Second – Research your selected event and then develop an Assessment covering the following:
· Incident Overview
· Evidence of Similar-Style attacks elsewhere?
· Evidence of Prior Warnings of the attack?
· Analysis of the Group or Individual: Motivations and Goals
· Analysis of the Target Selection
· Analysis of Method of Attack
· Analysis of the role and impact of media/social media and/or internet
· Conclusions on the threat that this type of terrorist individual/group represents for the future
You need to use the concepts you learned from the Martin text and combine it with your own research into your selected Event.
· Causes and Motivations of terrorism (Chapter 3)
· Terrorist Categorization (Chapters 4 thru 9)
· Terrorism Tools of the Trade (Chapter 10) and Information (Chapter 11)
Your presentation may either be a Padlet or a PowerPoint Presentation. Use the following templates to guide your presentations.
· Padlet Template
· PowerPoint Template
To create a Padlet you can go to the Padlet website. You can use this site as a reference to help you set up and format your Padlet.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.